torsdag 16 juni 2011

Net neutrality, if you ask a libertarian

I asked Nick Gillespie and Matt Welch over at Reason magazine on the libertarian opinion regarding net neutrality. Nick and Matt answered me on YouTube.


OK, I agree with this, but I do find that this opinion is not as wide-spread among libertarians as one might think. Especially here in Europe net neutrality is more in fashion, perhaps since cyberlibertarianism did not take off and was absorbed by the various Pirate parties. Check out my interview in Café Babel with MEP Christian Engström.

The connection is through the stance on copyrights, and a fear of monitoring of file sharing. But the copyright issues is another subject that net neutrality, to quote Matt Welch "it is a solution in search of a problem". It is no reason to turn the internet over to the freaking FCC


Läs även andra bloggares åsikter om , , , , , ,

Inga kommentarer:

Google Gemini - the innovator's dilemma?

Det var många som reagerade på Googles AI Gemini. I sitt försök att korrigera tidigare bias i sökmotorn har Google fått kritik för att ha gå...